minstrel: celtic music

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Sun Mar 12 10:27:28 PST 2000

> i'm coming to the conclusion that some of my posts
> aren't making the list.

Just as a reminder: when you reply to a posting on the list, either
you need to do a "group reply" or "reply to all", or you'll have to
make sure you're cc-ing minstrel at pbm.com.

> i don't have a site for the robert ap huw manuscript

It's on the web at http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/ap_huw/, facsimile and
bibliogrpahy and discography.

I'd love to get the others on the web; if someone's interested in
mailing me a photocopy of a facsimile (not transcription, there are
copyright issues for transcriptions), then I'll put it on the web.

> ther are many somgs with traditional tunes that go to
> pre 1800, that's pretty good i think as the words are
> pre 1551.

We know that music in other areas evolved a lot between 1600 and
1800. For example, irish harp music is thought to have changed a lot.
So I'm not sure if "pretty good" applies.

> i am thinking of doing and article on
> this--ib fact i did one in my local sca magazine to
> resounding silence --any suggestions who would
> actually want this kind of stuff.

We'd love to see articles like that, and when published on the web,
you're much more likely to reach an appreciative audience.

-- gb