minstrel: Music

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Fri Mar 3 09:26:07 PST 2000

Cheryl T <kelloftaf at yahoo.com> said -

>Hi, I am looking for the music to the Ballad Tam Lin.
>I've found many versions of the lyrics, but nothing
>useful for the musical notation... any idea where I
>should look?
>
>-Kel

Kel,

If you go to this link:  http://www.mudcat.org/threads.cfm
it will take you to The Mudcat Cafe, where you'll find a window for the Digital Tradition Database, a large collection of traditional, folk and filk songs.  Do a search on "Tam Lin" follow the resulting link to the lyrics page for Tam Lin, and there is a "Click to play" option at the bottom.  I'm not sure if it's a .wav file or some other format, but it will give you a simple (note by note) example of the tune.

Padraig

--
Nunc Est Bibendum