minstrel: Balalaika - period or OOP?

Ed Hopkins Ed.Hopkins at mci.com
Tue Dec 23 09:32:00 PST 1997

> Can anyone tell me whether the balalaika existed before 1600,
> and if so how different it is from the modern balalaika?

I used Infoseek to search the WWWeb, and found various sites that
claimed that a nobleman named Andreyev standardized the balalaika
family of instuments in the late eighteenth century, and that before
that balalaikas had rounded bodies and people called them doumbras.

If you'd like I can send you the URLs.

Alfredus Scurra
1. Verser dans le shaker :
  Des cubes de glace