minstrel: Where to find Tapes?

Efenwealt Wystle efen at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 19 09:52:38 PST 1997

I find that most minstel types that sell tapes and songbooks sell them
themselves. Sometimes they'll have a friend who's a merchant that will
sell for them. There are a few merchants like Pegasus Music that does
cons and big SCA events. They carry a few SCA artists. You can also
check http://www.iex.net/firebird/indexml.htm. They produce much of
Mercedes Lackey, Leslie Fish, and Ioseph of Locksely's stuff.

If you find a minstrel whose work you are interested, I'd ask that
artist. Posting to this list, I've found, is a fantastic way of finding
other SCA performers.

If I'm not mistaken Lord Gregory Blount of Isenfir maintains a wwweb
listing of SCA learning tapes. I wonder if he might be willing to expand
it to "SCAdian performers who sell tapes"? That way, all of us who offer
various titles could send our mailing info and tape details to him and
it would be in one centralized place? Whatcha think Greg?