minstrel: Newcomers tapes

Lori Jones LJONES at ossm.edu
Mon Nov 17 15:18:30 PST 1997

To Crystal of Ansteorra:

Sorry this is a little late in coming - I get the digest form of this
list.

The tapes you have are a set that was done at least 5 years ago by
H. E. Margery "Maggie" du Bray (former Baroness of Elfsea).  There is
a "Newcomers' Songbook" that goes with these tapes which has lyrics
for all songs on the tapes.  I don't have the songbook myself, but I
know someone who does (or at least, they had it a few years back).
If you are interested in obtaining a copy of this book, e-mail me
privately and I'll see what I can come up with.  If I can't track
down the actual book, I know I can come up with many of the songs
themselves ('cause Maggie borrowed some of them from me when she was
working on the project).

Disclaimer:  lots of the lyrics in the "songbook" were just written
down and passed by word of mouth.  Many aren't labeled with
information as far as where the songs originated.  It was intended
only to help new people learn the lyrics for songs that are often
sung around SCA campfires.

Let me know if I can help,

Baroness Katrionna "Kat" MacLochlainn
Barony of Wiesenfeuer, Ansteorra