minstrel: In search of Lyrics

Heather Rose Jones hrjones at uclink.berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 17 14:05:55 PST 1997

On 17 Nov 1997, CAB wrote:

> Welcome to a moonlit lisle and strange and wondrous tales.
> Of ancient kinds and mystic rings and ships with painted sails
> Of how I came to be here and where I wish to go
> And all my deepest secrets which you will come to know.

Meg Davis: "Wind in the Pipes" on the album "Captain Jack and the Mermaid"

> Second Song - Chorus goes like this.
>
> Sweetly he drew me, the sound it went through me, as if should elude me,
> Oh maiden song, laughing long.
> I'm sure that I hear it, oh let me draw near it, I want to be merrily courted
> in spring.

"Myrddin's Song" -- I believe written by Gwydion Perdderwen (how's that
for an unassuming name?) -- I've seen it in a very old songbook of his
work that's probably been out of print for twenty years at least. I don't
know of any albums it appears on.

> Third Song - Chorus goes like this.

Don't know this one.

Tangwystyl verch Morgant Glasvryn