minstrel: In search of Lyrics

CAB cab at scientific.com
Mon Nov 17 12:02:48 PST 1997

                      In search of Lyrics                          11/17/97

Fellow Bards,

I have 3 SCA Bardic tapes that are labeled simly "Newcomers Tapes I II and
III".  The great thing is that I have 3 tapes all full of songs to learn and
sing.  The bad news is that I have only found the lyrics for about a third of
them and I don't even have the titles of most of the songs.  What makes this
even more frustrating is that my tapes are of poor quality so I can not even
understand many of the words to scribe the lyrics from the tapes.  I have
searched various bard books and the web, but without even the titles it is
very difficult.

So once again I will turn to my fellow bards in hopes that you might help me
find lyrics, titles and who wrote these pieces.  (I will only ask about a few
song per post to try to make this more simple.)  I truely hate to bother the
whole list with this, but I have ran out of other sources to find these songs.
 Thanks in advance for all the help.

First song - begins something like this.

Welcome to a moonlit lisle and strange and wondrous tales.
Of ancient kinds and mystic rings and ships with painted sails
Of how I came to be here and where I wish to go
And all my deepest secrets which you will come to know.

Second Song - Chorus goes like this.

Sweetly he drew me, the sound it went through me, as if should elude me,
Oh maiden song, laughing long.
I'm sure that I hear it, oh let me draw near it, I want to be merrily courted
in spring.

Third Song - Chorus goes like this.

So cross your arms on your chest, Lift your eyes and say yes,
Clasp hands with those by your side.
I can feel the love flowing, I can fee the power growing,
Of emotions we don't need to hide
Like a Celtic circle entwining, in time no beginning or end.
There a smile on each face, for we've here found a place
In this kingdom of lovers and freinds.

Thanks again.
Crystal Berringer
Stargate, Ansteorra.