minstrel: Bardic Competitions at Winter Solstice--Royal Bard Pre-lims! (fwd)

Kitty Randall kittyr at pinn.net
Sun Nov 16 16:42:21 PST 1997

Poster: mn13189 at WCUVAX1.WCU.EDU

Oyez, Oyez!

To all upon whom this missive falls, be it known that the Bardic Olympiad
has been cancelled, but the party will go on!  The bardic competitions to
be held that day will instead be held at Winter Solstice.  There will be
competitions throughout the day, with categories including:
Period song
Self-composed song
Period instrumental
Self-composed instrumental
Period poetry
Self-composed poetry
Storytelling
Period ensemble
Silly Performance (any medium)
Performance (any medium) composed by an SCA author other than
yourself
Self-composed Performance (any medium) on a theme to be chosen that
morning
Judging will be done by the other competitors in the competition, with
final decision making powers in my control.  Verbal documentation is
neccesary.  Written documentation is welcome, but not required.
	The Gold, Silver, and Bronze medal winners for the olympiad will
be the competitors with the three highest scores at the end of the day.
Performers wishing to also compete for the Atlantian Royal Bard
preliminaries must state so before the competition begins.  The top three
competitors for Roayl bard wil go on to compete in the Finals at Kingdom
12th Night.
	Please direct any questions to myself, Eogan Og, c/o Matt
Newsome, 1155 Dicks Creek Rd, Whittier NC, 28789, (704)631-0619,
<MN13189 at wcu.edu>.
	Please help spread the word about this change in plans, and I hope
to have a full day of fun, entertainment, and bardic mayhem!
Aye,
Lard Eogan Og Mac Labruinn, Sangster of Atlantia

           "I brought ye to the ring.  Now dance best ye can."
   Matthew Allen Newsome            |	    Lard Eogan Og Mac Labruinn
   acting curator/consultant	    |       Atlantian Royal Bard
   Scottish Tartans Museum          |	    Chronicler, MSoB
   & Heritage Center	    	    |	    (Militant Society of Bards)
   http://intertekweb.com/tartans/  |	    Clan Og, SCA
   <tartans at dnet.net>               |       "IT'S ONLY A GAME!"