minstrel: Re: minstrel-digest V1 #394

Joshua Badgley fsjlb4 at aurora.alaska.edu
Wed Nov 12 10:58:24 PST 1997

Greetings all

A friend of mine recently bumped a question to me, the answer of which I
thought perhaps I could glean from your wealth of knowledge.  They are
trying to find information on the sackbutt (sp?) and I happen to remember
someone mentioning it awhile back.   Does anyone have any information on
the sackbutt, or good references to which I could refer her?  Also, does
anybody know when it first came on the scene in Europe?  I heard that it
was a Renaissance instrument, but that doesn't quite narrow it down
enough.

Thank you for your help!

Lord Logan of Winter's Gate