minstrel: Minsterel: Bowed Psaltry (fwd)

Heather Rose Jones hrjones at uclink.berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 30 10:28:22 PST 1997

> From: Robyn Welch <kudo at rivcom.net>
> Subject: Minsterel: Bowed Psaltry
>
> Does anyone know where I can find any information on the bowed psaltry or
> music that is espescially for it?

What sort of information are you looking for? Most folk-oriented music
stores should have something along the lines of a "How to play the X" book
for it. I've never run across anything suggesting that it's developed its
own musical literature yet -- most of the books I've seen have simply used
existing tunes that work well with its peculiarities. But it's still a
young instrument -- give it time.

Tangwystyl verch Morgant Glasvryn