minstrel: Re: Welsh pronuniciation

Robin Hayes rhayes at powerup.com.au
Wed Oct 29 13:33:04 PST 1997

At 09:25 28/10/97 -0800, Heather Rose Jones wrote:
>On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Kai Norris wrote:
>
>> On a similar, but slightly unrelated vein, how could I find pronunciations
>> for the Welsh poems?  I have a short guide given me by a friend;
however, it
>> was cut off right before the vowels.  Thanks.

<SNIP of Very good guide by Tangwystyl>

Very useful and concisely put!

Ah Dear! That reminds me of a time that someone was explaining Norse
Philology and the Fooles were listening ---

"The Language of Fools"
http://www.powerup.com.au/~rhayes/vflstrpb/950905f.htm

Robin

The Wise doth not oft dispute the Foolishness of the Fool,
 But the Fool doth oft abuse the Wisdom of the Wise.
rhayes at powerup.com.au  http://www.powerup.com.au/~rhayes/
The Virtual Fooles Troupe: http://www.powerup.com.au/~rhayes/vfoolshm.htm
 Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be charged at my usual rate of
AU$10/Mbyte + AU$30/15 minutes or part thereof - Minimum Charge AU$40:
sending such e-mail is acceptance of these terms. Terms and conditions may
be changed without notice. An international recovery fee of AU$100 may be
charged on 90 day outstanding accounts.