minstrel: instruments

Corrie Bergeron corrie at solutions.solon.com
Mon Sep 22 09:41:44 PDT 1997

Of course there will be some who look down their noses at you for not having
mined the copper and tin ore with which to make your instrument, but just
stick a bassoon reed in your horn instead of a regular mouthpiece and you'll
easily keep them at bay!  <G>

At 11:33 AM 9/18/97 -0500, turnms01 at holmes.ipfw.indiana.edu wrote:

>> >I know many good performers who do authentic stuff and don't act like
>> >that; perhaps you should just call these particular ones "rude people"
>> >instead of "purists".
>> >
>> >-- gb
>> >

>> Ahh, well said!  I meant "purist" as a deliberately derogatory term, along
>> the lines if "Mistress Lauel Seamchecker."  I discriminate between those
>> commendable folk who perform only documentably authentic material and those
>> irritating persons who insist (usually vociferously) that everyone else do
>> so as well.  If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.
>>
>> Corrie / Brendan
>

>		God help me, but when I actually get around to learning
>the sackbut, I hope these "purists" don't stone me for playing a trombone
>when I haven't been able to hack it the the "hackbut."
>
>		-Faremanne de Vere

-----
Corrie Bergeron			TRO Learning, Inc.
Senior Courseware Designer	http://www.tro.com
corrie at tro.com			http://www.solon.com/~corrie

IICS-MN Membership Chair	http:/www.iics-mn.org

"Aging isn't any fun, but it sure beats the alternative."