minstrel: Getting kicked out of a bardic circle

Aaron Bilodeau abilodea at indiana.edu
Thu Sep 18 11:49:36 PDT 1997

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, William and Scianna Augustine wrote:

> 	The Top Ten Ways to Ensure You’ll Never Be Asked To Perform At A Bardic
> Circle Again

.
.
.
.

	Actually during my first couple of months performing I managed to
do just about all but number six and number ten. Admittedly, there was
some disagreement over number four among my audience, but the most vocal
ones wanted me to play something more period. And with the number
eight infraction there had been a scheduled performance, but the bard in
question never showed so I covered for her by playing every other song.
And oddly enough every place I played at demanded that I return ans
sing again the next time they have a gathering.
	Usually, however, someone took me aside afterward and told me how
to leave a better impression on an audience, and the list of things I've
been taught matches that list pretty darn closely.

	Corwyn Draca,
	Shire of Mynydd Seren,
	Middle Kingdom