minstrel: instruments

Corrie Bergeron corrie at solutions.solon.com
Thu Sep 18 09:01:31 PDT 1997

At 05:37 PM 9/17/97 -0400, Greg Lindahl wrote:
>>  I was merely warning the original poster that if he
>> chose to play a guitar, that some purists would drop on him like a ton of
>> bricks for being "unperiod."
>
>I know many good performers who do authentic stuff and don't act like
>that; perhaps you should just call these particular ones "rude people"
>instead of "purists".
>
>-- gb

Ahh, well said!  I meant "purist" as a deliberately derogatory term, along
the lines if "Mistress Lauel Seamchecker."  I discriminate between those
commendable folk who perform only documentably authentic material and those
irritating persons who insist (usually vociferously) that everyone else do
so as well.  If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.

Corrie / Brendan