minstrel: Re: musical Instruments

Alexandria Long longalex at pirates.Armstrong.EDU
Wed Sep 17 19:48:15 PDT 1997

> So I'm building a forge in my back yard, 25 years later.  And I'm a
> computer geek by profession.  With a degree in electronics.  It isn't
> always "fear of new things".  Sometimes you need some natural talent.  With
> wood in particular, I have NONE.  I have never been the least artistically
> inclined.  I can draft, but not sketch or draw.  Mechanical gimcrackery
> does not confound me.  Gears and wheels and pulleys and motors are no
> mystery.  A calligraphy pen is.  "It don't go where I push it."
>
> I've found my artistic medium, though, finally.  Pumpkin.  I can carve a
> mean jack o'lantern
>
> Eoin

I must agree, though I don't like to admit it---I'm an art major and my
drawing stinks. My sculpting and carving is pretty good, though. As far as
the drawing goes, the only thing i could ever use is charcoal because that
way I don't have to stay in the lines!

Ceara ni Neill, House Barra