minstrel: Period Instruments

Liz Herman/cozit cozit at terminus.apexgrp.com
Wed Sep 17 19:32:01 PDT 1997

Ok, I've been reading this list for a while now, and I'm getting  more
interested in period music.  I play flute, piano and a little guitar and
recorder.  I'd love to learn and play on a more period instrument (other
than recorder) but every time I look into wood flutes or something like
a lute, I find that they cost much more than I'm willing or able to
spend.

Anyone have any ideas that could help me out? (I love the modern flute,
and I have a nice bamboo one...no idea what key...but it's not period,
only renn. faire-ish)

Thanks,
-Elisabeth  (cozit@@apexgrp.com)