minstrel: Bardic Circle at Crown Tournament!!

JP Andrews jpathomas at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 17 16:12:16 PDT 1997

Crown Tournament is an important part of life in the Current Middle Ages, and the Crown and the quest to represent one¹s consort in the tournament have been the inspiration for many  songs, poems and stories throughout the SCA. With this in mind, Mistress Angelina, Mistress Gwenna, Master Morgan and I are pleased to invite those attending this weekend¹s Crown Tournament to a Bardic Circle.

Where: At Fall Crown Tournament in Dreiburgen

When: On Sept. 20, 1997 starting at 2:00 P.M.

What: A bardic circle focusing on Kings, Queens, and Crowns and  Crown Tournaments

Who: Everyone is welcome to attend, no one is obligated to perform

Things you need to know:
This is an idea that Angelina and I have been talking about for a while, really just an extension of the informal bardic gatherings that we normally have at tournaments, only this one has a theme. There¹s a lot of stuff out there about Kings and Queens, about winning, or trying to win a Crown, and about fighting for one¹s consort. This is a chance to share many of those songs, stories, and poems with people who may not have heard them before, and to hear again some of the older pieces that you may not have heard in a while.

As I have said before, everyone is welcome, including children. All we ask is that you bring your own chair and something to drink.

This is not an official part of the day¹s events, so please DON¹T call the autocrats
with questions about this bardic circle, they have enough to do all ready. But, if you feel like a little music on Saturday afternoon please feel free to drop by.

Any questions should be directed to:

JP Andrews (aka Lord Thomas Bordeaux)
Ph# (714) 449-1923
jpathomas at earthlink.net