minstrel: Instruments

Robin Hayes rhayes at powerup.com.au
Tue Sep 16 13:44:35 PDT 1997

At 17:48 15/09/97 -0400, Greg Lindahl wrote:
<SNIP>
>If you're a guitar player, there's an article on the web about period
>guitar stuff, but what I recommend is retuning one string and learning
>lute tunes. If you have any classical guitar training, it's not that
>difficult.  I have a friend who's done this.

I, doubtless like some others would like a little expansion on this method
of retuning. I have never got around to knowing much about the lute, and
this method looks like a quick and easily understandable method.

Robin

The Wise doth not oft dispute the Foolishness of the Fool,
 But the Fool doth oft abuse the Wisdom of the Wise.
rhayes at powerup.com.au  http://www.powerup.com.au/~rhayes/
The Virtual Fooles Troupe: http://www.powerup.com.au/~rhayes/vfoolshm.htm
 Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be charged at my usual rate of
AU$5/Mbyte + AU$20/15minutes or part thereof, sending such e-mail is
acceptance of these terms. An international recovery fee of AU$100 may be
charged on 90 day outstanding accounts.