minstrel: Does anyone have any Renaissance drinking songs?

Martin Hungerford jongleur at netcon.net.au
Mon Sep 15 16:32:33 PDT 1997

I was in a group called the "loud bande". We used to do a few tudor bits
- would that do? Mostly they were rounds, such as Cloe. There was one
specifically drinking one. The lyics were:

    Once in our lives let us drink to our wives,
    though their number being but small.
    Heaven take the best and the Devil take the rest,
    And so we shall get rid of them all.
    To this hearty toast let each man make his boast
    And drink! drink! till he fall.

I might still have the sheet music - but I'm not sure how I'd get it too
you!

Martin o' Lyos

Martin Hungerford, aka Martin Jongleur,
aka Martin Ashford,
aka Martin o' Lyos (called the Juggler) OL.

email:jongleur at netcon.net.au