minstrel: Credits for the Cynaugan Sampler

JP Andrews jpathomas at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 2 17:58:36 PDT 1997

The Cynaugan Sampler was recorded by Lord Valadonis Stareagle and
produced by Lord Sean Graethorne. The recordings were made in Valadonis's
appartment in Sacramento, CA, I think sometime in 1993, but I'm not
exactly sure. There is a rather long j-card that is supposed to be passed
on with each copy of the tape that tells who wrote and who performed
what. The person who gave you the tape (or a copy of the tape) was
supposed to make sure that this informaiton was included.

The songs are:
Side One
Cynaugan War Cry by Master Corwin Breemore
Poof in Mouth Bard by Lord Valadonis Stareagle
The Mighty Bard by Lord Iestyn (Justin) ap Salis
Boozin' in the Glen by Sean Graethorne
The Atenveldt Joke by Lady Oksana Vladislavonvna Soroka Talonvakilaine
(Koshka)
Bla Wind Bla by Master Corwin Breemore (traditional)
How Shall I honor My Lady by Lord Iestyn (Justin ap Salis
Silver Crown by Lord Valadonis Stareagle
Duling Bards (intro) (Traditional)
Burn That Saxon Village Down by Lord Sean Graethorne
Sixteen Knights by Lady Oksana validslavonvna Seroka Talonvalilaine
(Koshka)

Side Two
The Challenge by Master Corwin Breemor (Breana wrote the Harp part)
The Toast by Lord Valadonis Stareagle
Lady Falcon by Lord Iestyn (Justin) ap Salis
In Praise of Cynauga by Lord Sean Graethorne
The Night Before Lyrics by Lord Sean Graethorne, Music by Lord Iestyn
(Justin) ap Salis
Oh, Cynauga by Lady Oksana Valdislavonvna Soroka Talonvakilaine (Koshka)
The Maid's Lement by Master Corwin Breemore, music by Lord Iestyn
(Justin) ap Salis
Where the Swan Flies by Lord Valadonis Stareagle
Viking Love Song by Lord Iestyn (Justin) ap Salis
Boot the the Head by Lord Sean Graethorne (filk)
The Magic Goes Away by Lord Sean Graethorne (filk)

They made the tape as an attempt to show people what was going on in the
Bardic Arts in Cynauga and the Province of Golden Rivers, and they gave
it away for free to anyone that asked, with the understanding that the
J-card would always be copied too.

In 1994 Valadonis recorded the Son of Cynaugan Sampler, with included
songs by almost all the bards that appiered on CS, along with songs by
Michael Gallowglass (he has since changed his name, but I can't recall
what he changed it too) and myself, along with a few others. I believe
that it's still avalable from Valadonis.

I do not however know how to contact Valadonis. I believe he still lives
in the West, in the Principality of the Mists. Someone in that area might
have contact information for him.

Lord Thomas Bordeaux