minstrel: Thusnelda?

Wes Will wwill at siu.edu
Tue Aug 26 11:22:53 PDT 1997

At 11:01 AM 8/26/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I received the following pathetic message from a friend...if anyone
>can help her, it's you people!
>
>	"hey, Joan, have you ever heard of a famous heroine
>	 called Thusnelda?  She is linked in the title of a
>	 Schubert lied with someone named Hermann.  I am guessing
>	 it comes from a German or Norse medieval story in which
>	 she does something romantically and tragically heroic.
>	 All I got searching with Alta Vista was a link back to
>	 Schubert."

Then you should try another search service.  I like HOTBOT (www.hotbot.com)
for quick and dirty.

You should have also gotten back some stuff on asteroids, as Thusnelda is
one of the brighter ones (about magnitude 12, iirc).

I found several sites, but their usefulness depends on your grasp of german
as a written language.  The stuff about Thusnelda is fairly obscure, so
isn't much translated.  Hang on a little longer (half an hour or so, and
I'll probably have a book reference that will have all the required data.
If your library can get it, of course.

Eoin