minstrel: looking for lyrics...

Heather Rose Jones hrjones at uclink.berkeley.edu
Sat Aug 23 14:15:07 PDT 1997

On Sat, 23 Aug 1997, Charissa wrote:

> Ok, I've exausted all the web sources I know, and still can't find this
> song that a friend wants sung at her wedding.  We have the melody, but
> no lyrics.  (Well, we did find some info on it, but they didn't have the
> lyrics, and it was a Ku Klux Klan page... I was afraid to ask them for
> it...)
> Anyway, it's out of period, but I know not where else to turn...
> The song is called Give Me Your Hand, or Tabhair Dom do Lamh, by Rory
> Dall O Cathain.  Can anyonehelp me???

Do you have any information at all about the author? The places to look
are going to depend to some extent on _when_ the lyrics were written.  For
example, if we're talking about a 17-18th c. time-frame, then Berkeley's
collection of early-modern Irish literature may be useful. If we're
talking about someone contemporary, then a search for liner notes will be
more profitable.

Tangwystyl