minstrel: Slightly Off-Topic: Performance Garb

Alexandria Long longalex at pirates.Armstrong.EDU
Fri Aug 22 17:13:10 PDT 1997

> 	About the hair, I'm sure you can find comfortable head cover.

An Elizabethan cap is convenient for gentleman, and a lined snood (yes, I
know "snood" is not a period term, I can't remember the correct one) with
an escoffon (sp?) is a spiffy headress for a lady. both are easy and
relatively cheap to make. My mother and I were both in a Madrigal group in
my days before the SCA, and these seemed to work pretty well for
everybody.Some of the ladies in the group pinned up their hair and wore
the escoffon by itself, variations etc.
Hope this helps.
---Ceara ni Neill