minstrel: Something interesting.

Rex Deaver rdeaver at cgro.com
Wed Aug 20 13:33:04 PDT 1997

At 10:30 AM 8/19/97 -0700, Benson, William R. wrote:

>While the words penned by His Excellency

You do me too much honor.  I am not an "Excellency" just a humble
"Lordship"...I still work for living:):):)

> mayhaps are motivated by the
>belief that one man or woman, standing upon the grounds of truth and
>right, can remain inviolate in the eyes of the populace and the monarchs
>that are the subject of certain "educational songs", I would submit the
>following observations.

<edifying tale snipped for bandwidth considerations>

So, where are the bards who should be bringing shame to the names of those
who were part of this mob?  To consider for a moment such a thing, even in
drunken wrath, does more violence to our principles than any other action
that has been discussed in this thread.  They besmirched not only their own
honor but that of their Crown and Kingdom as well...whether they followed
through with their intent or not.

Beckett's murderers were not exonerated because Henry cried out in anger
"Who will slay me this priest?!"   How should we not be even less tolerant
of such attitudes in the Current Middle Ages?

But, perhaps I am being excessively judgemental:):):)

Mathurin

----
Rex Deaver
rdeaver at cgro.com