minstrel: Something interesting.

mary k cummings mkcummin at unm.edu
Mon Aug 18 23:33:47 PDT 1997

I found this in my mailbox when I signed in this evening.  It is
interesting.  Why is it interesting?  Well...  This was posted to the
Middlebridge.  And the author is unknown.  So...  Somewhere out there in
the Middle Kingdom is someone brave enough to tell the King he's doing a
terrible job, but /not/ brave enough to sign the song.

Have things come to such a pass in the Middle Kingdom?  That the Royal's
behavior is bad enough to inspire such derission?  Without knowing
particulars, I can not comment.  However the piece is unsigned.  Which
tends to argue either that the King's behavior is indeed that bad, and the
individual is afraid of retalliation, /or/ that the individual has some
nefarious reason for posting the song unsigned...  Whatever the reason for
the anonimity of the post, I suspect it will serve it's intended
purpose...  Assuming, that is, that the author wishes to bring public
scrutiny to the Middle Kingdom's Crown.

What say you?

-Kathleen