minstrel: Lyrics search: Old Martin Mull Song

Blues Blues at mail.ic.net
Wed Aug 20 04:05:49 PDT 1997

Mull's "Men"

Just read your message upon me return from Pennsic. The lyrics in
question are, as best I cab remember...

Men, men, men, men
Men, men, men,men...

It's great to be on a ship with men and sail across the sea, oh,
We don't know where we'll land or when, but it's great to be with men.

'Cause men can sweat and men can stink and no one seems to care, oh,
We'll throw the dishes in the sink and clog the drain with hair, oh!
(And clog the drain with hair, oh!)

Men, men, men,
We're a ship all filled with men,
So batten down the ladies' room, there's no one here but men!

There's men above and men below and men down in the galley,
There's Butch and Spike and Buzz and Biff and one guy we call Sally!
(And one guy we call Sally!)

Men, men, men,
We're a ship all filled with men,
You'll never have to lift the seat, there's no one here but men!

We're men and friends until the end and none of us are sissies,
At night we sleep in seperate beds and blow each other kissies!
(And blow each other kissies!)

Men, men, men,
we're a ship all filled with men,
So throw your rubbers overboard, there's no one here but men!

Amen (prounounced "Ahhhhh, men!")

Hope that helps.

Gunnbjorn Gunnarsson
(taught that song by His Grace Sir Dag)