minstrel: Further to the Elizabethan Songbook ...

Fiona P. bilby at rosebay.matra.com.au
Fri Aug 8 16:23:37 PDT 1997

Re-reading the notes in the front of my copy, I found the following note by
the editors:

"The only known manuscript of David Melville's _Booke of Roundels (1612)_
is in Australia ..."

To the gradually increasing number of Australians on this list ... does
anyone know anything of this?  Should I start at the National Library and
work downwards?

Thanks for any information you can give ...

Fyrean ...

Though Love and all his pleasure are but toyes,
They shorten tedious nights.

			-- Thomas Campian (1567 - 1620)