minstrel: Period wedding music

CONSORTMUS at aol.com CONSORTMUS at aol.com
Tue Jul 29 08:18:06 PDT 1997

Here is a short list of period/period sounding pieces appropriate for
weddings,
as recently requested by someone (sorry, I didn't get your name)

Le Miracle des Noces de Cana - an 11th c. chant narrating the story of the
     wedding at Cana

Que vous ma dame/In pace - by Josquin DesPrez (1440-1521)
      (I suggest that you would use only the French part of the text, and
omit
        the Latin part  "in pace,"  which comes in at the end)

The Song of Ruth (Melody by Heinrich Schuetz)

>From modern hymnals (and therefore easier to find):

The Kind of Love My Shepherd Is  (Tune: St. Columba,  an Irish melody)
verses 1,2,4 and 6

All Creatures of Our God and King (Tune:Lasst uns erfreuen, 1623)

Any text  you'd like that fits the KINGSFOLD melody.

Also modern, but having an "early music"  feel:

Come to the Feast
The Lone Wild Bird    - both by Marty Haugen, publisher is G.I.A.
Publications in Chicago.   These are two of my favorite pieces.  Both have a
part for recorder.

In glad service,
Mary Sinclair