minstrel: Music question

Katherine Penney Katherine_Penney at ccm.jf.intel.com
Fri Jul 18 11:55:00 PDT 1997

World War I.  The British commander, Ian Calhoun, was court-martialed
and sentenced to death (but then spared by the king).  I don't know what
battle it was or which year; it was somewhere in France.  (John McCutcheon
wrote a wonderful song about it called "Christmas in the Trenches".)
I wonder if someone has taken that basic story and transmuted it into
a perioid setting as is so often done in the SCA?

Monica

     Hehe!  I told you my modern history was lacking!  Your point about
     transmuting is exactly what I was thinking... :)  Perhaps someone
     filked the McCutcheon song!
     Constance