minstrel: Idea for pondering...

Laura McKinstry dalm at why.net
Thu Jun 26 14:45:05 PDT 1997

Charissa wrote:

> Anyway, I see lots of lyrics floating around here (and I have lots
> that
> I'd like to look for) that don't do me much good without a melody, and
>
> I'm sure I'm not the only person who experiences this.  Is anyone else
>
> interested in exchanging music this way? (or does anyone have a better
>
> idea, say some inexpensive program for writing music into a graphic
> format?)

I recommend MIDI - I have a program that costs $50 at a good computer
software store called MusicTime (by Passport) that will save in either
the MusicTime sheetmusic format or in audio MIDI format.  For $11 more,
you can then have a format that anyone with Netscape (with the proper
free plug-ins) or, I believe, Internet Explorer can hear - or other good
programs.  It's like ASCII, but for sound.

There are many other programs with MIDI capability, if you want more, or
if you want less (some as cheap as, say, $10.)

--
Laura McKinstry   aka Lark of Cire Freunlaven
Dallas, TX  Steppes, Ansteorra
           dalm at why.net