minstrel: Idea for pondering...

Charissa ladycharissa at geocities.com
Wed Jun 25 20:03:03 PDT 1997

I thought this would be the kind of thing that might interest people
here- I hope so anyway, or I'm flame-bait, I guess ;)

There is a share-ware composition program called "NoteWorthy Composer"
that you can download from http:///www.shareware.com .  It's very easy
to use, wysiwyg.  The only disadvantage to it is that you can only save
things in it's own format- you can't save it in, say, a graphic format.
So, anyone who wanted to get music that was written on this would have
to have the program.  It's only $39 to register, which is remarkably
inexpensive compared to some of the really professional programs that DO
save in graphic formats- assuming everyone here is in fact a Good
Citizen Of Cyberspace and DOES register it ;).

Anyway, I see lots of lyrics floating around here (and I have lots that
I'd like to look for) that don't do me much good without a melody, and
I'm sure I'm not the only person who experiences this.  Is anyone else
interested in exchanging music this way? (or does anyone have a better
idea, say some inexpensive program for writing music into a graphic
format?)

Marjorie
mka Tara
known in cyberspace as Charissa or LadyG
and generally experiencing a personality crisis ;)
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/1258
Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et
fructuosis potiri potes!