minstrel: Song info: Servant of the Sword, and Showers are all Warm

srm1 at plg.com srm1 at plg.com
Wed May 21 08:40:54 PDT 1997

>I am looking for info about the song Servant of the Sword.  chorus & verse
>follow:
>
>I forged my blade in the fires of my wrathful indignation
>I qenched the steel in the icy blood that flows within my veins
>I hear the (sp) (feered) in their armor, preparing for the dawn
>I hear the lookout shout! He's sighted land, the massing of the foes
>
>Chorus
>So ready axe, shield, & spear
>to my war-horn pay good heed
>I'll be the first on the land today
>or taste Valhalla's mead
>
>I have this attributed to Aeged of Meridies, but my source for the song
>has been unable to verify it, and has found nobody who knows this gentle.
>Does anyone know 1)  If Aeged did write this or 2) who might have, and 3)
>where that gentle might be contacted today?
>
>Many thanks
OK, Here's the scoop:  I met Lord Aegid at Border Raids 1992.  I taped the
bardic circle that we had and passed the tape along to Baroness Julitta des
Cheveaux, MSoB who promptly included it (and a few others of his) on her
learning tapes.  The song is his, he wrote it and I have it on tape in his
voice.  Unfortunately, he promptly dropped off the face of the Earth and we
haven't been able to find him since.

>Talorgen

Rathflaed DuNoir
the Black Bard of Meridies, MSoB