minstrel: Song info: Servant of the Sword, and Showers are all Warm

Randy Dees rrd at amherst.com
Wed May 21 08:03:48 PDT 1997

I am looking for info about the song Servant of the Sword.  chorus & verse
follow:

I forged my blade in the fires of my wrathful indignation
I qenched the steel in the icy blood that flows within my veins
I hear the (sp) (feered) in their armor, preparing for the dawn
I hear the lookout shout! He's sighted land, the massing of the foes

Chorus
So ready axe, shield, & spear
to my war-horn pay good heed
I'll be the first on the land today
or taste Valhalla's mead

I have this attributed to Aeged of Meridies, but my source for the song
has been unable to verify it, and has found nobody who knows this gentle.
Does anyone know 1)  If Aeged did write this or 2) who might have, and 3)
where that gentle might be contacted today?

Many thanks

I also heard a song at AEthelmearc War Practice this past weekend that I
would love to find.  Lord Donnon (sp?), of the Barony-Marche of the
Debatable Lands (I think) sang a song about the showers in valhalla are
all warm - it is a really neat little verse that I would like to find and
learn.  Does any here know who wrote that song, and if I can get a copy of
the words?

Talorgen

| Randy Dees			| SCA:  Talorgen ni Wrguist	       |
| ASI Systems Administration	|    a bard, formerly known as Myrddyn |