minstrel: Fwd: Re: Bagpipes of the world

dd dedy at ionline.net
Sun May 18 10:55:33 PDT 1997

I was at a folksing last night with an Estonian man who brought a single
drone bagpipe made with the skin of a critter like a raccoon. It was a
bellows driven thing that had the chanter coming out of the mouth and the
drone coming out of the other end. When he played it he almost looked like
he was doing the fingering for the raccoon. It was really neat. Bet its at
least traditional, dont know if its period, but its 'image' certainly is.

Sigurd