minstrel: Re: Who wrote _A White Belt is Forever_

Kathy Lee kal35810 at Jetson.UH.EDU
Wed May 14 20:57:10 PDT 1997

>Kat,
>	I'm not sure this is correct.  Baldwin hasn't been active in years and the
>song (to the best of my knowledge) is fairly recent (4-5yrs).
>Unfortunately, I can't give you any evidence to support that but, my gut
>feeling is that it was later attributed to him, because it sounds like some
>of his stuff.  If I get a better answer, I'll let you know.
>
>Rathflaed

I don't think it's too young; I learned the song just after Pennsic 19, and
I'd heard it sung for a few years before I learned it.  (I learned the song
from Count William the Bear and Count Finnkelley of Ansteorra, after much
time chasing them down!)

I'm posting this back to the list to see if anyone else can shed some light
on this.  Anyone?

-Kat