minstrel: A brief question/request

Carson Bloomberg carsonb at mindspring.com
Tue May 6 09:59:22 PDT 1997

As some may know already, I'm going to be attending school at Cornell,
up in Ithaca, New York, this coming fall, which lies in the Dominion of
Myrkfaelinn. From what I've heard, these people are not as Bardically
inclined as Atlantia. Is anyone on this list from there, and if so can
they say whether this is true or not? And if not, well, I've got a
choice of being denied my Bardic circles while at school, or being an
inspiration for the entire Dominion. Naturally, I chose the latter. ;)
Does anyone have any really great tricks up their sleeves that could
help me get people involved? I don't know just how much music and
singing figures into the SCA up there, so I thought I'd assume the worst
and be pleasantly surprised. So, if anyone has any information about
Myrkfaelinn minstrels, it'd be greatly appreciated. :>

Carson, who's gotten rather good at spelling 'Myrkfaelinn' since
deciding to go to Cornell.