minstrel: Re: bones

JP Andrews jpathomas at earthlink.net
Sun May 4 22:51:03 PDT 1997

Eadwynne of Runedun tried to teach me to play the "bones" a few years
ago, I didn't stick with it long enought to really get the hang of it.
Actually Eadwynne is a good resourse for information on how to play the
bodran (I know I've misspelled that) too. I remember one night a bunch of
us when down to the Harp Inn in Costa Mesa, CA to hear some Irish music.
The one of the guys in the band was playing the bodran with the spoon
thing (I don't even know that the technical name of that thing is) as if
it were a drum stick, untill after the break, when Eadwynne went over and
showed him how to do it right. It was very amusing.

Though not as amusing as listening to the Irish woman (born and rased in
Irland) try to figgure out what part of Irland Eadwynne was from. The
funny part was he kept telling her he was from Riverside and she kept
trying to figgure out what part of Irland what was in. I don't think she
ever caught on to the fact that he was pulling her leg...

JP Andrews
(Lord Thomas Bordeaux)

Windows95, where do you want to crash today?