minstrel: Fyrewalking and hospitality

Alexandria Long longalex at pirates.Armstrong.EDU
Mon Apr 28 10:30:28 PDT 1997

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Fruitbat wrote:

> ...shouldn't all you firewalkers be avoiding alcohol, because of the
> damage it can do when mixed with singing and fire-smoke?

Being a brewer, I'm usually with an empty cup because I've been passing it
around for others to taste. I get as much enjoyment from sharing mead and
cordials as I do songs, stories and poems. And when you have mead in your
own horn, plus a carboy in tow, it's kind of hard to avoid it. Not that I
really want to: this is my wealth and I like to share.

> Of course, Lochac is a much friendlier place than the rest of the Known
> World, so no minstrel ever needs to beg for a drink round here...

 Where is that? I'd like to visit!
---Ceara ni Neill