minstrel: Definition of Bardic

Rex Deaver rdeaver at cgro.com
Mon Apr 28 10:24:28 PDT 1997

At 01:16 PM 4/28/97 -0400, Alexandria Long wrote:

> I am left sitting here with the visual image of a large, hairy ape
>visiting fire after fire, singing songs and reciting sonnets...
>
>Perhaps this is the intended image, or perhaps someone could be a little
>more clear with this term...

aped, aping, apes
To mimic slavishly but often with an absurd result.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition
copyright © 1992 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed
from INSO Corporation. All rights reserved.

----
Rex Deaver
rdeaver at cgro.com
"Things unattempted yet in prose or rhyme."