minstrel: Definition of Bardic

Alexandria Long longalex at pirates.Armstrong.EDU
Mon Apr 28 10:16:33 PDT 1997

> Philosophically, I cannot consider using Period forms as "aping"...it is a
> creative process, and a particularly Period creative process.  It is
> insistence on not just the form but the content, i.e., only duplicating
> actual Period works, not new works in Period forms, and insisting that to be
> the *only* valid expression, that I find fault with.
>
> Mathurin

 I am left sitting here with the visual image of a large, hairy ape
visiting fire after fire, singing songs and reciting sonnets...

Perhaps this is the intended image, or perhaps someone could be a little
more clear with this term...
---Ceara