minstrel: Fyrewalking and hospitality

Fruitbat fruitbat at macquarie.matra.com.au
Mon Apr 28 02:07:07 PDT 1997

(Sorry, Edwin, for sending you this twice; I'm used to mailing lists that
have Reply-To set to the list; it's a matter of taste, I guess...)

At the risk of saying something relevant (which is usually against my
religion) shouldn't all you firewalkers be avoiding alcohol, because of the
damage it can do when mixed with singing and fire-smoke?  I'm a teetotaller
myself, and I never feel presumptuous asking to have my tankard filled with
whatever water is nearby and drinkable.  Sometimes I'm offered cordials,
and I accept them willingly too.

Of course, Lochac is a much friendlier place than the rest of the Known
World, so no minstrel ever needs to beg for a drink round here...

: Fruitbat :

Everything I am today I owe to people
whom it is now too late to punish.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

For further proof that I Have No Life, see
http://macquarie.matra.com.au/~fruitbat