minstrel: Definition of Bardic

Fruitbat fruitbat at macquarie.matra.com.au
Fri Apr 25 07:00:39 PDT 1997

Alfredo el Bufon wrote:
>>I don't like the terms "Heavy Weapons Fighter" or "Class-A Fighter"
>>to refer to all those who wield Rattan.  [...] I have
>>decided to use the term "Knight" to refer to any such fighter.

Edwin replied:
>Hmmm, the "Knights" with white belts and gold chains may not like that,

I always found that offending The Chivalry is not sufficient reason to stop
doing something - tho it may be sufficient reason to start!  I shall follow
Alfredo's example, differentiating always among knights errant (ie
"unbelted" fighters), squires (ie squires), knights of the Laurel (ie
Laurels), knights of the Pelican (ie Pelicans) and knights of the Chivalry
(ie white-belted fighters).  It's immediately simpler, more authentic and
more symmetrical - and it'll annoy the pretentious and amuse the amusing:
an ideal design!

Everything I am today I owe to people
whom it is now too late to punish.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

For further proof that I Have No Life, see
http://macquarie.matra.com.au/~fruitbat