minstrel: FW: Re: Hynd Horn and other Ballads

Muirgheal leslyann at voyager.snetnsa.com
Thu Apr 24 10:09:42 PDT 1997

forwarded from SCA-arts list:

---------------Original Message---------------

>But Twa Corbies can't be shown to be period (earliest manuscript 1818,
>music 1825, says Bronson),
>
>Gregory Blount

Which music is that?  I've always heard that there is no known tune for
Twa Corbies, but there are a number of different tunes that that music
is now set to. The music Twa Corbies is most often set to in the SCA is
from an old Saxon song (I think). I've also heard the original Saxon
song that goes with that music being sung at events, and it's
beautiful. I'm trying to track down what that song is. Does anyone
know?

Muirgheal

Name: Lesley Anne Baker
E-mail: leslyann at voyager.snetnsa.com