minstrel: Re: Invitation to My Field

J. Michael Shew jshewkc at pei.edu
Wed Apr 23 15:43:01 PDT 1997

On Wed, 23 Apr 1997, Rex Deaver wrote:

> At 11:38 PM 4/22/97 -0700, barbara shuwarger wrote:
> >
> >I've been meaning to ask this for quite some time:  What in the world is
> >fyrewalking?
>
> Mikal will undoubtedly give his own version, but from a reasonably
> disinterested third party...(yeah, right, Mathurin has no opinion? :):)

	HAH!  The day that you have no opinion is the day I am speechless!

> Fyrewalking with Mikal means that you take an empty mug in one hand and
> whatever props you deem appropriate in the other.  You go from fire to fire,
> optimally from sundown to sunset,

	That's sundown to sunrise!  Been hitting the path a bit early,
haven't you?

 and perform.  Be polite, don't butt in, if
> it looks like a quiet-talk type fire hang around just long enough for
> courtesy and excuse yourself and walk on.  If you are good at entertaining,
> this usually means that you are fed and/or lubricated by the audiences.
>
> Mikal doesn't take much food or drink to the war, and I have not noticed him
> losing weight:):)
>
> Mathurin

	Not true!  I take two days of Iron Rations and enough money to
purchase full meals every day....
	But I usually take all of it home with me...
	Mikal Hrafspa

    Mikal the Ram; an annoying Bard of no redeeming qualities
Dread Jarl of the Vanir       in the storm wind victorious
By your grace this sea steed      treads pathways of silver.
We honor with whispers     like the sound of wave song
Your wild waters     and fair wind words

                        (JOHNSAGA)