minstrel: Definition of Bardic

Muirgheal leslyann at voyager.snetnsa.com
Wed Apr 23 11:24:57 PDT 1997

>I would think that "bardic cirlces" are very UN-period, and simply a means
>that we have come up with in the SCA to enjoy bardic, much like A&S
>competitions are very UN-period, but a convience for us.
>
>Crystal

Is this true?  Bardic circles are so basic, I've always thought of them as
ancient.  Hasn't mankind always gathered in informal groups to sing or recount
stories?  I would think it's only been in the last few decades, as technology
has started to overshadow this practice that it's fallen into disuse.  The
term "bardic circle" may be un-period, but surely the practice isn't.

Muirgheal

Name: Lesley Anne Baker
E-mail: leslyann at voyager.snetnsa.com
04/23/97     11:24:57