No subject

CAB cab at scientific.com
Wed Apr 23 07:47:03 PDT 1997

                                                                      4/23/97
                                                                      9:40 AM

Why would we define "bardic" as something at a "bardic circle"?  (I am not
trying to contridict you, I am mearly curious at your choice of definition.)

I would think that "bardic cirlces" are very UN-period, and simply a means
that we have come up with in the SCA to enjoy bardic, much like A&S
competitions are very UN-period, but a convience for us.

I would more define bardic, as activities that were used as preformances
during period.  (which would still, in my opinion, leave the choir out of the
realm of bardic).

Crystal

I don't use the term "bardic" to refer to all music.  I heard the Known
World Choir last Pennsic, and it was wonderful, but I don't really
think of it as "bardic", because I just can't picture something like
that at a bardic circle.

   Muirgheal