minstrel: Re: Invitation to My Field

Rex Deaver rdeaver at cgro.com
Wed Apr 23 06:23:04 PDT 1997

At 11:38 PM 4/22/97 -0700, barbara shuwarger wrote:

>I've been meaning to ask this for quite some time:  What in the world is
>fyrewalking?

Mikal will undoubtedly give his own version, but from a reasonably
disinterested third party...(yeah, right, Mathurin has no opinion? :):)

Fyrewalking with Mikal means that you take an empty mug in one hand and
whatever props you deem appropriate in the other.  You go from fire to fire,
optimally from sundown to sunset, and perform.  Be polite, don't butt in, if
it looks like a quiet-talk type fire hang around just long enough for
courtesy and excuse yourself and walk on.  If you are good at entertaining,
this usually means that you are fed and/or lubricated by the audiences.

Mikal doesn't take much food or drink to the war, and I have not noticed him
losing weight:):)

Mathurin

----
Rex Deaver
rdeaver at cgro.com
"Things unattempted yet in prose or rhyme."