minstrel: Re: teaching

Nicholson, Drew DNicholson at tasc-il.org
Mon Apr 21 05:18:53 PDT 1997

I think that a teacher can teach more than one version of a story -- therefore a
minstrel/troubadour/bard/ect. can teach more than one version of a song.  In my
religious theory class, I learned seven or eight creation stories for various
religions -- some have more than one.  And I didn't learn them all.

I reserve, as my right as a performer, to interpret a song in my own unique way.
 The only person who knows what the song truely means (maybe:) is the original
author.  Only that person can even come close to actually teaching that song.

Purple
Tree-Girt-Sea, MidRealm
Omnes Defaecatorum
"The world doesn't need more politics, it needs more lunch."  PJ O'Rourke
"Hey, Gengis Kahn -- want a Twinkee?" Bill S. Preston, Esquire
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K..."  Ted "Theodore" Logan