minstrel: period music/period sounding music

CONSORTMUS at aol.com CONSORTMUS at aol.com
Sun Apr 20 15:31:11 PDT 1997

I have read here lately about using this tune or that tune from contemporary
sources,  and I'd like to ask, if I may, "why?"

It seems to me that it would be more authentic, or at least more
authentically bardic in spirit to compose your own tunes if you need one to
fit your original lyrics, and writing a simple period style tune isn't very
hard - it would certainly sound better than, say, a Beatles tune, wouldn't
it?

Just wondering.

Kind regards,
Mary Sinclair