minstrel: Help me find a song!

Efenwealt Wystle efen at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 3 06:13:23 PST 1997

At the last Pennsic War, at the Barony of Windmasters' Hill encampment, we were
having a Bardic Circle when a strange band stealthiy walked in. The leader had a
guitar and all 8-10 of them wore glowing headbands. They sang a song which I
have since learned is called "La Mantovana" by a composer named Zaneti. They
sang it in italian and then did a satirical translation, something like "Fuji
fuji fuji pasta spaghett... asta spumatne". Then they told us they would be
singing in the marketplace the next day "in the language of your choice." I now
regret that I couldn't go hear them perform. Does anyone know who these folks
are? Or how I can get hold of these lyrics? Please post responses to me
directly, as I don't actually subscribe to this list and only occaisionally
browse through the archives.

Much obliged,
efen
Lord Efenwealt Wystle                       efen at hotmail.com
Militant Society of Bards
Merchant, Mirth-Maker, Minstrel by trade, and a Fool in my
spare time (Funny, I seem to have an awful lot of spare time.)